Friday, November 13, 2009

If I dye my hair a natural color after relaxing it, will it get damaged very much?

I've dyed it many times before, it's in an okay condition right now. I've been using damage control shampoo, and my hairstylist told me not to dye it just in case it might break off, because relaxers mess up your roots. But I really want to dye it, and I'm not sure if I should risk it or not.



If I dye my hair a natural color after relaxing it, will it get damaged very much?

If you're just getting a "color in a bottle" kind of dye job done (i.e. - going from brown to "Copper Sunset," a reddish brown), then you can get a relaxer and color in the same day. However, if you want to bleach your hair (i.e. - going blonde or getting streaks), you'll definitely need to wait. Bleaching dries out your hair and so does relaxing, so if you want bleach or streaks, make sure you schedule each service at least one appointment apart (and make sure your stylist uses a good conditioner on your hair after a relaxer or a bleach or streak job).



Hope this helps. :)



If I dye my hair a natural color after relaxing it, will it get damaged very much?

Well, it would damage your hair even if you hadn't had it relaxed. I say, go for it, and afterwards, use a deep conditioning packet on it, which you can get at any drugstore for a couple of bucks. And if it says to leave the conditioner in your hair for 20 minutes, do it for 25, or something like that. It doesn't hurt to leave it in any longer than it says to on the directions.



If I dye my hair a natural color after relaxing it, will it get damaged very much?

I've been down this road many times.I get tired of my hair color quickly. A year ago,I really did it good !! My hair was colored,and I decided to put a just wave perm in it. So,I did. It was horrible. Frizzy,couldn't get even a pick thru it. Put a relaxer on it to tame it. Felt like straw! Which also took out alot of the color. So,I re-colored it. Oh my god!! My hair was actually falling out. I decided to shave it down to a 3 on top and 2 along sides and bottom. It worked. Don't Do It !! At least cut it very short,leave it ,then re-do.



If I dye my hair a natural color after relaxing it, will it get damaged very much?

Not blond!! if brown or brunette I would use a semi permeate color if you just have to do it! These are less damaging to your hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment