Sunday, November 15, 2009

What is the best moisturizer for you hair that natural and can use on children?

I think that it depends on how you intend to use it. Jojoba oil is fabulous, but I have always considered it to be more of a scalp oil as it is actually a liquid wax that closley mimics the sebum our scalp creats.



I also use olive oil. I mix it in with my hair conditioner that way I can rinse it out. I use oils on damp hair because they don't ADD moisture to your hair, they HOLD IN the moisture that is there.



There is also shea butter, coconut oil/butter. These all naturals are solid at room tempararure and melt at body temp. Depending on where you live, they may or may not be easily accessible. Coconut oil is available at wal-mart in the cooking oil section apparently. I haven't yet made it there to look.



Glycerine used sparingly will attract moisture to the hair. If you use to much though it will draw it out into the air so be careful with it. It can be found at any local Walgreens of CVS.



I have tried Carol's Daughter hair milk and I currently use it on my daughter's hair. It is a thick creamy white mixture that contains 6 different oils, shea and cocoa butters, but it isn't totally chemical free. I like how it moisturizes my daughter's hair, but the scent is very artificial to me.



Something else that I have not yet tried but want to is African Black Soap. I have heard that it is very gentle and moisturizing.



Either way, all these products and more are available in stores and on line. The most important thing is that you spend time finding out what your child's hair likes! It's all well and good to put stuff in her hair, but I know that you don't want to send her out in the world looking like she just came out of an oil slick! LOL



Lastly, this advice is coming from a black woman with natural hair (no relaxer). You didn't specify your race, but I am not really sure that matters. You can use all these products in various ways besides just putting them on the hair. They can be made into just about anything! Soaps, shampoos, conditioners, treatments, you name it just google natural product recipies and you are sure to get tons of sites to browse. One of my favorites is www.nappturality.com. This site is dedicated to black women who wear their hair in its natural state. In their homade hair products forum, there are tons of recipes for homade items made of all natural products.



Hope that helps!



What is the best moisturizer for you hair that natural and can use on children?

100% jojoba oil. It is non-comedogenic %26amp; washes out easily.



My favorite brand is Desert Essence. I get it at Trader Joe's %26amp; see it at Whole Foods.



Product Information:http://www.desertessence.com/pages/bodyc...



Related link: http://www.carefair.com/Skincare/The_Ben...



What is the best moisturizer for you hair that natural and can use on children?

omg i baught mane'n tail shampoo and conditioner and it can be used for animals and humans. it is the best. u can also use it for your body for bodywash too. it will make your kids hair nice and shiny and very smooth. but it is family size bottles but they were like $4.75 for each bottle. IT WORK GREAT!!!!!



What is the best moisturizer for you hair that natural and can use on children?

Olive oil.



What is the best moisturizer for you hair that natural and can use on children?

just for me or any thing child friendly like precious locks



What is the best moisturizer for you hair that natural and can use on children?

coconut oil...pure coconut oil..it's the best I promise. It's not heavy like olive it's light and it's one of the best things you can put in your hair/body/skin.



I really believe that coconut oil is best. Do the research online and you'll see. jojoba is good but coconut is the best.



What is the best moisturizer for you hair that natural and can use on children?

Try Carol's Daughter Haircare products! They are really good and do an excellent job of moisturizing! I love the Healthy Hair Butter!



What is the best moisturizer for you hair that natural and can use on children?

i use shea butter mixed with almond and avocado oils. coconut oil works better for me than jojoba oil



What is the best moisturizer for you hair that natural and can use on children?

Jojoba oil

No comments:

Post a Comment