Sunday, November 15, 2009

Can I dye my hair a lighter shade of brown with a natural dye?

I have medium brown hair and want to dye it dark blonde/light brown.My hair is multitonal naturally its mainly brown but has natural highlights of blonde and red if you look closely.Can you get natural dyes and are they better for your hair than chemical ones?You see my hair got ruined at the salon and they said not to use chemicals on it for another year(thats till next january) and am wondering whether natural would be ok.I'm looking to dye it in an Emma Watson sort of shade.



Can I dye my hair a lighter shade of brown with a natural dye?

Hair cannot be dyed lighter than it is, to go lighter you need to bleach it, different chemicals, and as far as I know there is no natural alternative to peroxide bleaching.



Can I dye my hair a lighter shade of brown with a natural dye?

try using Clairol Natural Insticts Hair colour. It contaings no amonia or peroxide and is really safe. Its only semi-permenant and says it will wash out in 28 washes. But i was told that your hair will never go dark it only fades lighter. You can find Clairol Natural Instincts @ walmart or any drugstore. If you have redish in your hair though i would choose a hair dye that says kool or ashy in the name to keep it toned.



Can I dye my hair a lighter shade of brown with a natural dye?

The only non chemical that you can use is a lemon and water rinse, then air dry it in the sun. Even natural dyes have some chemicals in them except Henna.



But Henna comes with it's own problems. It leaves a residue on the hair shaft long after the color is gone and if the chemicals in dyes go over it before it's grown %26amp; been cut out, it's quite common to literally fry the hair.



You don't say what exactly happened to your hair but if you were told not to use chemicals then DON'T. If they're saying a year then I bet you they're talking about until the hair problem completely grows out. Except for the first 1/2 inch from your scalp your hair is dead no matter how beautiful. If damaged you can add conditioners to get the hair shaft to lay flat and use mousse, sprays, etc. to give it shine but you can't heal it. Though you can damage it beyond even appearances. I've seen others who have literally had clumps of hair fall out because going against the beautician's advice they tried dying it at home.



I'm a redhead and bleach reacts strangely on my color. So when I'm in the mood to go a little lighter or brighter I use a lemon rinse. Anything that takes it lighter besides this requires chemicals.



Can I dye my hair a lighter shade of brown with a natural dye?

No natural dyes dont lighten. You can go darker. Henna for example.

No comments:

Post a Comment