Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Chemical-ed and now henna-ed hair wants to be back to natural color! Help!?

Please help. I had black virgin (never been dyed) hair up until 2 years ago. I dyed it mahogony (reddish, auburn brown) with Feria. It turned out nice, but I didn't want to deal with a commitment to coloring my roots, so I later dyed it back to my natural color, again with Feria. But that black color apparently kept fading, because after about a month, my hair would turn red again. Which doesn't make sense, since Feria is supposed to be a permanent color. I repeated this process of re-dyeing back to black probably 3 more times, again with the same results -- eventually, my hair always turned red. Not wanting to further kill my hair, I decided to go to a professional and try dyeing it with henna. She apparently did not use black henna, because now my hair is redder than ever!!! SO, THE QUESTION IS: what can I use, once and for all, that will help me achieve my natural color of black? The henna incident took place about 1 month ago. Thank you for your input!



Chemical-ed and now henna-ed hair wants to be back to natural color! Help!?

I would try henna with indigo over it. There is no such thing as a safe "Black Henna". Henna is only red. You have to first dye your hair with the henna, and then with indigo. It produces a very nice black. You must buy body art quality henna and indigo though, or your previous dye will have a chemical reaction with the henna. This site has great recipes, pictures, and sells wonderful quality henna and indigo. I've tried it myself, and it's done wonders for my hair!



Chemical-ed and now henna-ed hair wants to be back to natural color! Help!?

I think you have to grow it out, and then cut it where the new hair starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment